Milwaukee County Criminal Defense Lawyer
Facing Conviction for a Crime in WI?
Have you been accused of a criminal offense? The criminal justice system is known for being harsh and unforgiving, even for those who have been charged with a crime for the first time. The severe penalties of a criminal conviction will stay with you for a lifetime, and you must be assertive and proactive in fighting your charges. At the Law Offices of Jason D. Baltz, I have been providing high-quality criminal defense for those accused of crimes throughout the greater Milwaukee area for many years.
My small, boutique law firm takes a personalized approach to every case and this means that you will never have to worry about your case being handed off to a paralegal or intern. I, Jason D. Baltz, take a personal interest in the success of every client and will treat you like a valued individual and not as just another case number. I am passionate about protecting your rights and achieving a favorable outcome for your criminal charges, so do not hesitate to call my Milwaukee office if you have been accused of any of the following crimes.
My Areas of Practice
- Assault & Battery - These two charges are separate under Wisconsin criminal law but are often lumped together in criminal cases. Assault is an action that causes another person to fear bodily harm, while battery is the actual use of force against someone with the intent to injure them.
- Child Abuse - If you have been accused of child abuse, you may face penalties such as jail time, steep fines and other punishment if you are convicted. Child abuse consists of any act that causes intentional bodily harm to a child and may include sexual exploitation, emotional harm, and other damaging actions.
- Domestic Violence - Domestic violence charges can be devastating on your family relationships, and it is important to seek the counsel of a skilled criminal defense lawyer if you have been accused of domestic battery or a similar crime.
- Drug Crimes - Have you been accused of possession or another drug crime? Drug charges can include the possession, distribution, cultivation, manufacture, transportation, importation and trafficking of illegal drugs. If you are facing charges of this nature, then you should enlist the help of a criminal lawyer as soon as possible.
- Drug Possession - Drug possession charges can be complicated and extremely confusing for someone who is not familiar with Wisconsin criminal law. The penalties for drug possession will depend on the type and the amount of drug that is found, and sentencing may include jail time, steep fines, probation and much more.
- Drunk Driving - If you have been arrested for OWI in or around Milwaukee, you must be proactive in fighting your charges in order to avoid serious penalties. It is against the law to operate a motor vehicle in Wisconsin with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08% or greater, and OWI penalties include driver's license suspension and possible jail time.
- DUI - Drunk driving charges can result from a failed blood test, breath test or a field sobriety test, and a skilled criminal lawyer can help you investigate these tests to determine if your rights were violated. When you have been arrested for DUI, it is wise to seek the help of a DUI defense lawyer as soon as possible.
- Internet Sex Crimes - Internet sex crimes, also known as cybersex crimes, can result in federal investigations and individuals who are accused of these crimes may be tried in a federal courtroom. You should never underestimate the serious nature of an internet sex crime accusation because a conviction can result in years of prison and thousands in fines.
- Misdemeanors - These criminal charges are less serious than felonies and are classified under Wisconsin law as a Class A, Class B or Class C misdemeanor. Every classification is associated with different penalties and a Class A misdemeanor can result in up to 9 months in jail and up to $10,000 in fines.
- Murder / Manslaughter - If you are under investigation for murder or manslaughter you must seek the services of an educated criminal lawyer who can defend your rights throughout the criminal process. These are some of the most serious charges that you can face and a conviction could be devastating to your future.
- Rape - Have you been accused of rape? This is one of the easiest criminal accusations that can be made against someone, and it is best to enlist the help of an attorney even before a formal charge has been filed against you.
- Restraining Orders - Do you need legal assistance with a restraining order? These are court orders that are signed by a judge to order an individual who has committed domestic abuse or harassment to cease their abusive actions.
- Sex Crimes - Sex crimes can be humiliating, embarrassing and life-changing for those who are accused and convicted. Rape, statutory rape, spousal rape, sexual assault, child molestation, and lewd conduct are a few of the sex crimes one can be accused of in Wisconsin.
- Robbery - This violent crime involves using force or violence, or the threat of force or violence to commit a theft. Robbery with a dangerous weapon can result in felony charges and penalties such as 40 years in prison and up to $100,000 in fines.
- Traffic Citations - You may have received a traffic citation for failing to stop at a stop sign, reckless driving, speeding, or a number of other violations. Traffic citations can be issued by the city, state, and county police officers, and handling these citations can be frustrating and time-consuming.
- Violent Crimes - Have you been charged with a violent crime? Violent crimes usually involve the use of a deadly weapon or firearm, and the penalties for these serious criminal charges are quite severe.
- White Collar Crimes - White collar crimes are usually committed by business professionals or persons holding a public office, and they are generally nonviolent crimes that are committed by deception and misrepresentation. Embezzlement, money laundering, extortion, and fraud are but a few of the white collar crimes that one can be charged with.
He is professional, personable, and most importantly knowledgeable about the law. He went above and beyond in answering all of my questions and I count myself fortunate to have him in my corner.- Pat J.
Very reasonable and nice guy. Understanding of any situation, and I highly recommend him.- Ricardo C.
He was my angel through everything. Strong communication skills and extremely dedicated to making sure I was taken care of. It was my first offense and I was so scared. I absolutely owe him my life.- Elaine K.
He is an experienced intelligent attorney and will fight hard for his clients. I feel he truly does care about his clients. Jason was very professional and empathetic with what I was dealing with.- Alan G.
A lawyer with a good heart. Our family attorney.- Dean H.
Jason was a great help even before I talked about hiring him.- Eric D.
Jason is honest, hard-working and compassionate. He’s a wonderful family man and has a special spirit and overall kindness that cannot be bought.- B. Smith
Professional, accessible, experienced and will treat your case with the utmost importance. Mr. Baltz is a straight shooter, very affordable and has a wide network of contacts in the industry which he leverages to get the best possible outcome.- Park B.